Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Grass Snake Eggs

"Ian B" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Rusty Hinge" wrote in message
Neighbours?
theme tune
All you need is **&$£&! neighbours!
/tune

Same neighbour that got my very elderly cat put down. Cat had
never put her
foot outside for years, 25 yrs old. but when she was outside
looking for me when I got hospital emergency admission she was
collected up by someone passing by, put down before I could
rescue her. I was gutted.
There's a law against that.

Too late. Already done, thanks to the RSPCA.

Maybe for the cat, but if the deed wasn't too long ago, It's not too
late to take action against the RSPCA.

Officious lot of %$£&!s need keeping in line

I was thrilled when I found out after a week out for me in hospital
she'd been taken to a vet, I expected to collect her from there and
bring her home.
No.
The RSPCA pay for a vet to see her and because she is old they put
her down, despite my own vet seeing her all the time and she is
being treated.
This is not the first time I've had issues with the RSPCA.
My goats - well, if you see one limping -do help me to catch it,
RSPCA!

Has the RSPCA shooting season opened yet?

I believe you can't hunt them with hounds now.

The vet they took her to defends his position. Of course he does, he
is paid by them.
She was dehydryated - of course she was - she'd been shut out of my
house by my neighbour unable to get to her rehydration fluid which
she needed as she had kidney problems.
It's pointless to take action against the RSPCA now, a year later but
I agree with my friend who says "I would not give the RSPCA the
drippings of my nose"

I probably should have had her microchipped but I hadn't as she never
went out for years until then, even so it would not have helped, I
was not contactable, I was in hospital and by the time I got out it
was too late. My younger cat is microchipped but it will not work for
him either in those circumstances.

I told this story to my sister today- she worked many years in dog rescue
for a charity. She was horrified, then she asked "what about the two week
holding period?"

She said it's general practise in rescue work for any animal to be held
for at least two weeks before any such decision is made; and certainly
there should be attempts to contact an owner. With the owner in hospital,
this should never have happened. She was utterly appalled.

(She has little time for the RSPCA either, having had numerous contacts
with them during her dog rescue work).

Ian

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/cash...obs-34461.aspx

Would have snipped all of the dross above but nobody seems to bother.

Off topic

Public conversations which should be email

It all seems to go on this site now.

What do we all think of the coalition?

How have you done on September's Premium Bonds?

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.