Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse advice

In article ,
says...

Hi
I'll be taking delivery of a 10 x 6 greenhouse soon and was wondering
what would be the best base to set it on.

My options a
1 Laying slabs to allow the house to sit in the middle of the slabs. (I
will probably lay some slabs inside filling in the rest with gravel).

2 A concrete base (using containers, pots and raised beds inside the
house)

Is it essential (or preferable) to have a soil bed in the greenhouse or
can I get away without one just using containers etc?

Can anyone suggest the pros and cons of both options as I'm new to
greenhouses and would like to get it right.

Many thanks

Terry

--
Lordspudz

So long as its dead level and square it doesnt make a lot of difference
to the construction, the low wall bases are more flexible in that you can
slab the interior but change your mind and take up slabs at a later date
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk