Old 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
soup[_6_] soup[_6_] is offline

Default Greenhouse advice

On 02/09/2010 11:57, Destrier wrote:

I set mine on slabs and don't regret it but made the mistake of only
leaving myself half a slab's width around the outside of the
greenhouse. This is too narrow for access, especially when competing
with butternut squash. I am constantly nearly overbalancing into the
glass.

Chap over the back has done even worse than that he has one side of the
greenhouse two inches from a wire fence leaving him absolutely no access
what so ever. When I sited the greenhouse I deliberately set it a couple
of feet from the fence to give easy access to one of the long sides of
the greenhouse.

This pic shows how much access I have on the 'back' side.
http://www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/images/GH9.jpg