Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Water Butts and Water Meters

'Could' you, I mean is it possible physically, to cut into the gutter and
fit a downpipe AND is there a drain nearby? If so you could fit one of those
gismos which diverts water into the waterbut, but when it is full, water
automatically diverts back to the drain.

'IF' you have a gutter and 'IF' you have a drain

Mike

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:49:11 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

A remark by someone saying that they were on a water meter and that their
beans were not doing too well made me think. How many of you are on water
meters and DON'T have water butts?

Rain water is FREE.

Forward planning?

I'm on a meter, and I don't have a water butt.
The problem is, I'm mid-terrace and have no downpipe. Even if I had
one added, I've no soak-away for excess winter water.
Any ideas folks?

Pam in Bristol