Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Can anyone work this out please?

1 metre x 1 metre x 1 metre

1 Cubic metre

Kind regards

Today, is the tomorrow, you were worrying about, yesterday.

"kay" wrote in message

Ben Short;899255 Wrote:
I need to fill a raised bed area with compost or horse manure. I can get
it
in the builders bags, the big ones used for sand etc, for £45 delivered,

however B&Q do a bag of compost which is 125 litres for £6.70.

Now I dont know how much is in these big bags but wondered if I needed 2
big
bags would it be cheaper buying it from B&Q rather than the builders bag

full from the local garden shop.

My only problem is the garden centre stuff is a little on the sandy
side.

Thanks folks

It's a little difficult to answer the question if you don't know how
much is in the big bags ;-)

A litre is 1000cc, ie 10cm x 10cm x10cm. If you can find out the
dimensions of the big bag, you can work out the comparison easily.

--
kay