Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Haywire

Default Laterite Recipe ?

The laterite is an iron/aluminium rich clay. although granular it will
dissolve in water. I laid my laterite on the bottom of the tank then
covered it with 1/8" gravel.

the laterite balls are made by wetting the granules enough so that you form
a workable clay then baking it in the oven. I think the krib has an thread
of messages on it.

"Bill Davis" wrote in message
om...
Just setting up a new tank and adding Laterite to the substrate. My

existing
substrate in my old tank has none. The Laterite I purchased is the
"granular" kind. I would like to add some to my existing tank. Was not

able
to get the Laterite "balls". Is there a "recipe" for making your own from
the granular Laterite? What would be the best way to add to existing
substrate in an established tank?

Thanks!