Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potting plants could cause Legionnaires' disease

On 2010-09-03 18:45:59 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

On 03/09/2010 16:54, Ian B wrote:

As to knees, my mum had a "kneeler" for gardening which both
protected her
knees and made it more comfortable too. Perhaps a worthwhile investment?
Even a dustbin liner would help stop knees getting ground into the soil.

Good idea. Oddly I've got a kneeler somewhere in the garage but it
never occurs to me to use it! Not sure how practical it would be
though when shuffling along the ground planting several rows of veg
seedlings.
I've got some proper DIY strap on kneeling pads but they would be
useless as the soil would just get between them and my knees. Maybe
the bin liner would be more practical.

Now, I know this sounds extremely Heath Robinson but it works. One of
our Nursery staff took the wheeled bit off the bottom of an old garden
tractor, attached a couple of cushions on a board to it and zipped up
and down the lines of trees etc. while weeding. Don't you have some old
office chair or something of that kind in a skip-near-you? ;-)

Thanks for the suggestion. Heath-Robinson is my middle name! LOL. I'll
have a ponder.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.