Old 03-09-2010, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default How long do cuttings last in water?

On 03/09/2010 19:00, Spamlet wrote:

You could try moving it on to sharp sand instead?

Some plant seem to take ages to put out roots. I sometimes grow Red
Robbins (photinia?) from cuttings in a sharp sand / compost mix. It
often takes a couple of years for them to put out any roots! Oddly they
still look healthy enough without putting out any roots - it is only
when tipping out the pot that their absence become clear. I've never
known a plant to survive so long as cuttings without bothering to put
out roots.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.