Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Can anyone work this out please?

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
In article ,
says...
I need to fill a raised bed area with compost or horse manure. I can get it
in the builders bags, the big ones used for sand etc, for £45 delivered,
however B&Q do a bag of compost which is 125 litres for £6.70.

Now I dont know how much is in these big bags but wondered if I needed 2 big
bags would it be cheaper buying it from B&Q rather than the builders bag
full from the local garden shop.

My only problem is the garden centre stuff is a little on the sandy side.

Thanks folks

The price per litre is not that different so go for the most convieniant
to you assuming the product is similar

And don't underestimate the extra time and effort required to barrow the
loose stuff from a bulk bag. It's much quicker to stick a few bags in
the barrow than shovel it all in.

Though I'd be tempted to mix in some top soil as well to give it a bit
more body
--
Chris French