Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Water Butts and Water Meters

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 23:27:05 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

'Could' you, I mean is it possible physically, to cut into the gutter and
fit a downpipe AND is there a drain nearby? If so you could fit one of those
gismos which diverts water into the waterbut, but when it is full, water
automatically diverts back to the drain.

'IF' you have a gutter and 'IF' you have a drain

Mike

I have a gutter but no downpope, no drain. The downpipes on both sides
are 2 doors away, not even next door and my neighbours are not
gardeners.
Is there any way I could shut off the downpipe when the butt was full?
It's bothered me for years.

Pam in Bristol