Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Part_No Part_No is offline

Default Water Butts and Water Meters

Pam Moore wrote in
:

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:49:11 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

A remark by someone saying that they were on a water meter and that
their beans were not doing too well made me think. How many of you are
on water meters and DON'T have water butts?

Rain water is FREE.

Forward planning?

I'm on a meter, and I don't have a water butt.
The problem is, I'm mid-terrace and have no downpipe. Even if I had
one added, I've no soak-away for excess winter water.
Any ideas folks?

Pam in Bristol

In 1976 or thereabouts we had a servere drought in the UK and were advised
by the water people to use our 7" of bathwater allowed to water the garden
and we still do that now sometimes with a little bit of exterior plumbing
and patience.
You you can regulate the amount in your water butt, if you use one for this
purpose only.

I think the bath or shower would have to be upstairs though to get any
pressure.

Part_No