Old 05-09-2010, 08:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

On 2010-09-05, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Bees, other than carpenter bees, yes, live and let live.

Since I've moved to CO, I've encountered some bizarre species of
wasps/YJs/bees. Howzabout a wasp the size of a bumblebee and colored
like a holstein cow and furry! Or lil' bitty bees no bigger'n a small
house fly nesting in an old decorative log. I've seen a wasp the size
of a mosquito. Didn't know if it was a separate speies or jes an
infant wasp. Whatever the reason, CO elevation seems to be
enviornment numero uno for weird winged stingy things.

My wife doesn't fare well with bee stings, but it's not that critical, or at
least hasn't been.

I once thought I was allergic. Now think I'm not. when some
stingy thingie gets me, the pain is nonexistent to tolerable and only
lasts a day at most. The real problem is the itching. Last sting, I
itched so badly for 3 wks, I wanted to chop my foot off!

nb