Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Richard J. Sexton

Default Good choice of lighting?

I'd stick with regular 4' tubes personally, economy of
scale dictates you've got a wider choice of tubes
from different manufacturors and at a cheaper price
than non 4' sizes. SOmething like 90% of all tubes made
are the regular 4's.

My two favorites are Philips colortone 50 for a 5000K light
(it is on paper brighter then the other 5K bulbs) and
any wide specrum grolux. The Philips AgroLite seeme to be
more available locally here although last year it was the GE bulb;
they're all about the same.

Mix and match or use whatever you like. I'd be curious to
hear if anybody is overdriving them with any luck.

--
Richard Sexton | Mercedes Parts: http://parts.mbz.org