Old 05-09-2010, 01:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby[_3_] Stubby[_3_] is offline

Default Fuel pump on B&S

On Sep 4, 5:58*pm, *Mechanic*
wrote:
'Stubby[_3_ Wrote:

;899385']I replaced the fuel pump on the B&S engine in my John Deere
lawn
tractor. *But, it doesn't pump fuel and I wonder if I have to prime
it. *Fuel is reaching the input side via the filer, but nothing comes
out of the output side. *There is a third hose on the pump which I
presume is vacuum or pressure that make the pump work. * Can anyone
help? *TIA

Whats your "model - type -code" numbers and i'll check out the diagrams
/ tech for you

'Lawnmower World - The home of Quality garden machinery'
(http://www.jungle-busters.co.uk)

--
*Mechanic*

Thanks. The tractor is a John Deere LA125. jdparts.com has a
diagram and shows the fuel pump, but it is not very helpful (to me at
least).