Old 05-09-2010, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Potting plants could cause Legionnaires' disease

In message , uriel13
writes

Its a very sad world we live in, health and safety in society is way
over the top. The lawyers must love this nonsense, I have handled
compost for more years than I care to remember and will continue to do
so!

I should qualify that be saying home made compost as in no Aminopyralid,
which I might add is still out there!

Years ago, when I was a member of the local Garden Society, they
obtained some bulk compost from the local sewage works, and they called
it "Dentona". It was the colour of soot, but denser, had no
noticeable smell, and was perfect for soil improvement, and there was a
procession of wheel barrows in and out of the premises every Sunday
morning...

A few years ago I enquired about it and was told that they were no
longer allowed to sell it for H & S reasons.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply