Old 05-09-2010, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Back to Gardeners World

On 2010-09-05 10:27:10 +0100, Martin said:

On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 02:00:27 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

Why on earth didn't he show how to Plat onions instead of that bit of
rope.

His system is very simple, the other isn't. The result is the same.

And looks prettier hanging over the Aga than my old tights. ;-)
Aesthetics, David aesthetics. ;-)) All this takes my memory back to the
French onion man in his black beret, riding along on a wonky old bike.

We used to watch a big van pull up in the local car park and then the
'french onion sellers' get out with their bikes to cycle round the streets.
As usual, 90% of everything is in the marketing.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)