Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
RifRaf

Default How many Otto's, SAE's etc. do you use?

Could you remcomend a non-common type that is a non-plant eater and
also is not a-sexual?
I'd still like to have one as long as it leaves the plants alone and
doesn't multiply.

Thanks tho!

Chris

On 27 Nov 2002 21:35:43 GMT, oSpam (LeighMo) wrote:

I looked into this recently, getting snails to cover for the Ottos,
and from what all I could read/find, snails would most likely destroy
my plants.

That has not been my experience. I've got a variety of snails in my tanks, and
they don't eat my plants.

There are some snails that eat plants, and should be avoided. Most species of
apple/mystery snails -- except Pomacea bridgesii, the spike-topped apple snail
-- can't be trusted with plants. Columbian ramshorns (the ones that grow to be
1" across) are also plant-eaters. But the others commonly found in aquariums
prefer algae and leftover fishfood.

Leigh