Old 05-09-2010, 04:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
dpb[_2_] dpb[_2_] is offline

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I said that because one of the morning drive talkers has the county extension
services representative on every Friday. Recently they were talking about
"Army Worm" infestations. Apparently Seven is the only treatment for it and
he said it was now only available in liquid form, which is expensive for this
use.

Would need to know for what application was referring to--if was ag
application, Sevin isn't generally used at all so presume must have been
for garden/turf/lawn applications.

Again, afaik, Sevin is still a non-RUP (restricted-use pesticide) easily
obtained at any retail outlet.

For ag applications, it'll depend on whether they're army worms or army
cutworms; they're similar name but different species and life cycles.

http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/pubs/plantsci/pests/e830w.htm

Cutworms can be an especial a problem in winter wheat and other cereal
grains...they're one of our biggest worries every spring about what
level of infestations we'll see.