Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

On 9/5/10 12:04 AM, lil abner wrote:

There is a law that says you can't use fire to get rid of yellow jackets???
You don't use enough gasoline to fill a well. A quart or so is generally
all it will take but I have seen a nest that was over 5 ft deep.

Why light it? When you pour the gas down the hole, the fumes will
displace the air, so the fire won't go down the hole. The soil will
keep the heat away from the nest.

I have found that the fumes from a tablespoon of gasoline will kill a
nest. I imagine soil organisms can soon break down that small amount.