Old 05-09-2010, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Onions: Homegrown v Shop

"Part_No" wrote ...
We here at home have been thinking(dangerous) since Gardeners World, about
the economics regarding growing them.
The difference in taste say, between a shop bought new potato and a home
grown is enormous as is a tomato or broad beans or most vegetables we
grow.

We wonder can anyone truly say that a home grown onion which has been
stored tastes any different from a shop bought?

We are talking pennies to buy a 5kg sack, versus the time, room and effort
it takes us to get the same.

Just wondering because the garden here is quite small and we feel the room
we have could have been managed better than we have done.

Ours are always a lot stronger and make one cry more than a shop bought one.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden