Old 05-09-2010, 11:23 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_1_] The Ranger[_1_] is offline

Default How to get rid of yellow jacket bee's nest ??

Nelly wrote in message
[snip]
But why use gasoline at all when just some boring old
bucket of soapy water could work. That way you also
don't have to pinpoint with a great deal of accuracy the
entry hole, either.

This worked for me, but the first time I was askeered
and I think I poured it out too quickly (or ran before I
quite finished - I was hardly well protected clothing-wise!).
One more dousing the next night took care of the last
few of them.

You might've already answered these:

What's the ratio of soap and water?

Was there any particular type of soap you used or were the perameters
"cheapest, largest?" {I currently have a drum of that Costco-inspired liquid
soap; it doesn't really suds up nicely but it was cheap and I have a lot of
it left still.)

What does the soapy water do to exterminate the nest?

Many thanks.

The Ranger