Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
RifRaf

Default How many Otto's, SAE's etc. do you use?

Leigh, thnx for the great info. The applesnail site has a forum
where it looks like several people there are selling various types.
I'd feel safer getting one from these guys than a store I think.

On 28 Nov 2002 03:17:25 GMT, oSpam (LeighMo) wrote:

Is this particular species of apple snail common enough that I shoud
be able to find one in a local store?

Yes, but you have to know what you are looking for. Most of the snails sold in
pet stores as apple snails, mystery snails, golden inca snails, ivory snails,
etc., are either Pomacea bridgesii or Pomacea canaliculata. Unfortunately, P.
canaliculata is an underwater lawnmower, so you have to be careful not to get
one of those. They look very similar, and they both come in many color morphs
(gold, white, brown, black, etc.). You have to look at the shell shape to tell
them apart.

And the vast majority of LFS employees don't know a thing about snails, so
don't expect much help from them.

Leigh