Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Dan Milligan

Default Good choice of lighting?

I havent tried them as of yet - I am currently using them on my salt
water tank as supplement to my MH so I opted for some 50/50's. Once I
get the hood redesigned for my planted tank I want to incorporate my
other T-8 ballasts and will consider trying the bulbs you mentioned - of
course I am real slow at doing these things so it may be a while before
I get around to it.

Thanks,
-Dan

Richard Krush wrote:
Dan Milligan writes:

zoomed makes T-8's that will work with that ballast. I am using them now.
Check out:

http://www.zoomed.com/html/lites.html

Thank you for the information! Right now I'm in the process of testing how my
plants will grow with two Philips F32T8 TL850 (5000K color temperature and 86
CRI). I'm also intrigued by two other Philips bulbs, but local hardware
stores didn't seem to have those. One is TL865, which has color temperature
of 6500K and CRI of 86 and the second one is TL950 with 5000K c.t. and CRI of
_98_! The latter especially sounds very promising.

Have you tried any of the above mentioned bulbs or the OCTRON series from
Sylvania?

Richard