Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening problems - new tools/gadget ideas

tkelly-lord wrote:
Hi all,

as part of my class I have to solve some garden related problems
through product design. This could be anything from a task being too
hard to do/ to reach/ break etc

- Can you think of any products (e.g. sprinklers, spray gungs, mowers,
blowers etc) that could be improved in some way or could be better
designed for certain gardening niche markets (e.g. different climates,
large/small gardens, disabilities etc).

- Are there some problems which still haven't been solved through
design and so designing a totally a new product for the travel
market? Or adding a feature to a product to improve it in some way.

Thanks guys, really appreciate any help and would love to hear your

Tom

You are treading a well worn pathway here, like the one young Conan made
pushing the Wheel of Pain. I suspect there is a rather perverse design
teacher somewhere who sends all their pupils here. There may well be
lessons for you to learn here but they are not necessarily the answers to
the questions as given.

Instead of asking such an open-ended question why not spend some time with
local gardeners watching what they do and how they do it and asking specific
questions.

David