Old 08-09-2010, 05:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Gardening problems - new tools/gadget ideas

Jimgentracer wrote:
I am looking for a novel and Cheap if not FREE way to transport the
rainwater from my guttering to my greenhouse

I would prefer to use everyday objects that have been recycled?

Any ideas or direction would be great

I already know there are commercial products out there that can be
bought for £15 approx but I was hoping someone has an ingenious way
without spending or vast construction required

Please take in consideration I am also wheelchair bound and carrying
of buckets is not really an answer

How far must the water be carried? How much water? Some wheelchair-bound
people are very fit with excellent upper body strength, is that you?

My first reaction would be to install pipes and a tank rather than push a
container on wheels where you may have traction and control issues.

David