Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Chuck Gadd

Default What do you clean your rocks with?

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:44:23 GMT, Jim Wunderlich
wrote:

Just wondering if everyone out there just uses water to prep rocks for a
tank. I bought my rocks at a building supply store so they are rather
dirty.

I personally would rinse them very well to remove dirt. I've used
rocks from a local river, and added them directly to the tank without
any rinsing or soaking.

I've heard of people using vinegar, is this true?

You can drip a little vinegar on the rocks to see if the rock is going
to dissolve and raise the hardness of the water. If the vinegar
causes fizzing on the rock, then it will dissolve over time.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua