Old 08-09-2010, 07:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default No More Heirloom Tomatoes For Me!

In article ,
wrote:

I guess I miss your point. As it happens, "big business" _is_ elected.
People vote for it with their wallets every day. Businesses exist to provide
products and services of which people freely avail themselves. The profit is
the
result of those activities. I'm amazed at how few people, most of them
successful businesspeople, grasp that simple reality. It is a peculiarity of
free markets that one only succeeds over the long term by being of service to
ones fellow man.

Obviously, investment bankers aren't fellow men, because they can make a
mess out of the myth of a free market.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude