Old 08-09-2010, 08:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Gardening problems - new tools/gadget ideas

In article
-sep
tember.org,
Dan L wrote:

tkelly-lord wrote:
Hi all,

as part of my class I have to solve some garden related problems
through
product design. This could be anything from a task being too hard to
do/
to reach/ break etc

- Can you think of any products (e.g. sprinklers, spray gungs, mowers,
blowers etc) that could be improved in some way or could be better
designed for certain gardening niche markets (e.g. different climates,
large/small gardens, disabilities etc).

- Are there some problems which still haven't been solved through
design
and so designing a totally a new product for the travel market? Or
adding a feature to a product to improve it in some way.

Thanks guys, really appreciate any help and would love to hear your

Tom

I want a robot that can identify weeds and bugs and remove them and
water the plants when needed. Like in the movies "runaway" and "silent
running"

It's easy to identify valuable plants from weeds. Valuable plants can be
easily pulled out of the ground.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude