Old 20-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Marvin Hlavac

Default Cloudy water and CO2 connection?

"RifRaf" wrote in message
I've been fighting what I *think* is a bacterial bloom for abour the
last 1.5 weeks.

The water looks milky and even after large water changes goes back to
being cloudy after about a day.

A pattern I noticed tho was that the water steadily got clearer
througout the day and then in the mornings when I turned the light on,
the water was MUCH cloudier...again.

So...as an experiement, I unplugged my DIY CO2 at night when turning
off the lights.

In the mornings, it's still as clear as the end of the previous day
(which usually ended up looking fairly decent).

So...is there a connection here between running the CO2 at night and
it somehow contributing to the cloudy water?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I run CO2 (pressurized system) 24/7 and have not experienced what you have
described. (It's not DIY though)

--
Marvin
hlavac (at) rogers (dot) com