Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Tasslehoff

Default Potassium nitrate availability in Australia, advice

Alrighty now I'm set. Ta.

"Suzy Jackson" wrote in message
"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
Thanks Suzy, they put me on to Crown Scientific, their Melbourne based
distributor. Now all I need is the chelated trace mix.

You can get a suitable trace element mix at Big W, in the gardening

section.
It's made by a company called Manutec. You want to use "trace element

mix"
and "iron chelate".

The trace elements have the following constituents:

Calcium: 10%
Sulphur: 6.3%
Magnesium: 3.6%
Manganese: 2.9%
Iron Chelate: 2.7%
Copper: 1.2%
Zinc: 1.0%
Boron: 0.09%
Molybdenum: 0.004%

The iron chelate is just 13% Iron Chelate. By mixing them gram for gram,
you get:

Iron Chelate: 7.9%
Calcium: 5%
Sulphur: 3.8%
Magnesium: 1.8%
Manganese: 1.5%
Copper: 0.6%
Zinc: 0.5%
Boron: 0.05%
Molybdenum: 0.002%

You end up with a reasonably close mix to that recommended in the Sears
Conlin paper with this.

Regards,

Suzy
--