Old 09-09-2010, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default The courgette glut finally hits me

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:45:15 +0200, David in Normandy
wrote:

It should be essential, IMO, for all children to be taught to cook at
school.

Sounds like you are in the market for some courgettes and marrows. I'll
have half a ton delivered to you tomorrow! ;-)

If you've got something other than long green ones then yes!
I've left one on one plant (could be it's last) to grow and grow - and
another two plants are still doing well.

A friend on the allotment gave me a plant last year - diamante round
one which was nice but didn't do as well as these at home have this
year.

I too think kids should have cooking lessons at school. My son did but
only for a term - and one day the teacher didn't turn up which meant
they couldn't cook so the poor kid in the class who was relying on
having his cookery project for lunch was very hungry!
--
http://www.bra-and-pants.com
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk