Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default anvil secateurs?

On 09/09/2010 09:01, Charlie Pridham wrote:
In ,
says...
stuart noble wrote:

Can't seem to find anything decent in the way of anvil type secateurs.
My no name pair have given up after 25 years, and everything I look at
now is under a tenner, and likely to perform accordingly IME. Felco seem
to have discontinued the only anvil type (model 30), so I'm a bit
stumped. Anyone got any suggestions?

Out of curiosity, why do you favour the anvil type?

Chris

I was going to ask that!!!

I suppose because most of my pruning is of woody shrubs. My experience
of the bypass types (albeit the cheaper ones) is that, under any sort of
pressure, the cutting edge deflects slightly and traps the material
rather than slicing through it.
I suppose the fact that Felco don't seem to do an anvil type suggests
maybe I ought to re-think.