Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default anvil secateurs?

On 8 Sep, 18:58, stuart noble wrote:
Can't seem to find anything decent in the way of anvil type secateurs.
My no name pair have given up after 25 years, and everything I look at
now is under a tenner, and likely to perform accordingly IME. Felco seem
to have discontinued the only anvil type (model 30), so I'm a bit
stumped. Anyone got any suggestions?

Draper do quite a nice one with non-slip blade, type 45315. It's
about 15 quid in the local garden centre and about 4 quid on the web.
Cheap enough to throw away when it has had it. Or local farm supplies
place has the Wolf RS22 for a tenner, they look quite good. Bahco
P138-22 are very rugged, but quite expensive, and I am not convinced
about the blade.

Or you could do some lateral thinking, and go for an industrial shear:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/s_10153_1...intS hip=true
I have one of the accu-cut and use it a huge amount for pipe, wood,
rope, and things like that.