Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default No More Heirloom Tomatoes For Me!

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

Billy wrote:

Obviously, investment bankers aren't fellow men, because they can
make a mess out of the myth of a free market.
LOL! That's too rich. No offense, but that you would make such a
blanket statement leads me to believe you ignorant of what
investment bankers do in the
economy and to suspect you have drunk of the "progressive"
Kool-Aide. Neither here nor there in a gardening forum, though, eh?

Needling a little but well able to be passed over.

If I wanted a drunken fool, you'd be my pick.

Taking as much offence as possible and returning more. What is the point in
making it personal? Why must somebody who disagrees with you be a bad
person?

David

I love dialogue. We all get trapped between our ears, and need a fresh
view in order to have more grist for the mills of our minds to work on.
Presently, in the U.S. of A., we have, essentially, angry mobs running
around blaming the huge deficits on Obama, and calling for the return of
the Republicans that got us into this hole to begin with. Now, don't
misunderstand me, Obama is a jerk. He thinks that the progressives have
nowhere else to go, and that he can continue on as a new and improved
George Bush. However, if he was the man that was elected, he would have
had investigations into the Bush Administration. He would have stopped
the torture, and he would have brought our soldiers home, but he hasn't.
He doesn't talk about coming home (Now we talk of war in *Indonesia,
Somalia, and Venezuela). He talks about being out of Iraq, where we
still have 50,000 troops, god knows how many mercenaries, an embassy
that is large as 80 football fields (427,829 sq. m.), and a State
Department staff armed with Black Hawk helicopters, drones, M1 Abrams
tanks, and some 5,000 mercenaries. Would you like to "super size" your
visa?
However, as I have just said, we are where we are because of Republican
lying, and Democratic acquiescence.
We have 2 choices in this country, the smiling fascists (Democrats), or
the full-tilt crazies (Republicans). Where I can, I'll vote third party,
but the Republican party is alway a clear and present danger. Here in
California, the "Better Business" people have thrown their lot behind
the Republicans. Needless to say, the better it is for business, the
worse it is for consumers.
We need to shut down the War Department and their suppliers. Stop
subsidizing fossil fuel extraction, and nail Wall Street investment
bankers to the wall by their balls. Merrill Lynch was given $10 billion
by American tax-payers to buy back junk stock that they had created, and
they paid themselves $3.6 billion in bonuses!!
Can you see where the anger comes from, when to complain is to be
accused of having "drunk to much progressive Kool-Aid"? That is an
invective, not an argument. This stupidity has to stop, and that is why
it is personal.
I have hung way out on a limb here. If someone wants to make a fool of
me, all they have to do is chop it off. In the mean time, I'm not going
to make the mob hysteria thing easy, if I can help it. People need to
think, and not just go into a knee jerk reaction, if someone is a
Muslim, or a Mexican.
We just had a taxi driver slashed in New York with a knife. His offense?
He was a Muslim.

Otherwise, you are quite right, and the criticism is noted.

Kill any more honey bees lately, "Bonehead"?

I mean, this guy want to be the King of Stupid.

Grrrrr
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude