Old 10-09-2010, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default The courgette glut finally hits me

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
"David in Normandy" wrote in message

It was not a marrow as such, just a massive courgette

Sounds like you are in the market for some courgettes and marrows. I'll
have half a ton delivered to you tomorrow! ;-)

Seriously, unless you buy an extra freezer (I found courgettes freeze OK
for use in stir fries) what do you do with them if you have a glut - apart
from haunting friends and neighbours ;-)?

A very, very versatile veg is courgette (aka zucchini). Below are a few
recipes which I can vouch for.

Zucchini Cake:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7013/zucchini+cake

Zucchini slice (eaten hot or cold):