Old 10-09-2010, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

Alan wrote:

In message m, Peter
James wrote
I've just spread the contents of the compost bin on my vegetable garden
and find that the Typhoo tea bags that were put into the compost haven't
rotted down.
Can anyone recommend a tea bag that will rot down in the compost.
Typhoo tea bags seem to leave a fine plastic net behind them.

Surely you buy tea based on the quality of the tea and not the bag they
put it in?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...biodegradeable

Indeed I do. But the ability to rot down in the compost is a plus
factor.

Peter
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far