Old 12-09-2010, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Tomatoes ripening in blotches

"Compo in Caithness" wrote in message

Is it too much heat? Something I have no experience of, living in the
far north of Scotland, but too much direct sunlight can cause blotchy
ripening - are they in a greenhouse and is it perhaps not shaded?

I would not think so.
Mine are in always in an unshaded house and are exposed to extreme heat on
occasions - 100f +.

Blossom end rot on the early ripeners, is all I usually suffer from - water
problems I know !

That reduces to minimal on the subsequent croppings.
Cause elsewhere I suspect.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com