Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default The courgette glut finally hits me

Christina Websell wrote:
Seriously, unless you buy an extra freezer (I found courgettes freeze OK for
use in stir fries) what do you do with them if you have a glut - apart from
haunting friends and neighbours ;-)?

Mine have slowed down considerably now, so I'm getting a reasonably
tolerable flow. The round yellow ones are still doing much better than the
green bush type, despite there only being 2 of the former and about 6 of the
latter.

I think the best idea with a potential glut is to make sure you pick them
early. If you pick them young enough you can just steam and eat 5-6 at a
time for a meal, which soon sorts them out, ime.