Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Season waning

I'm seeing the start of the ponding season coming to an end. The Arrowhead
& Sagittarius turning yellow with no new growth coming up to replace the
old. The lilies have slowed way down with only a bud or 2 from the hardies.
Only the Tropical is still stunning and showing off. Little does it know it
will be in cramped quarters in a month or less.

The watercress grew way too well, we're having to trim under the hot wire.
We've had a couple visits where the raccoons made it inside the perimeter.
We're thinking they're getting zapped on the way in and they stay in their
forward motion. They don't stay, and very little has been disturbed. I have
foil with peanut butter attached to the wire for them tonight. On the
webcam it looks like they're pretty young, thus need some serious
behavioral training. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us