Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Fancy a cruise? (nicked from elsewhere)

In message , Martin
writes
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 13:40:03 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
On Sat, 11 Sep 2010 17:04:09 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

On a smaller scale (!) we had holidays on the Thames, and the "plastic"
boats were awkward to handle on a very windy day, compared with the
heavy timber one we had on the first holiday.

On canals they are even worse.

Yep, heavy narrowboats would cope better than plastic cruisers through
flat areas.

They don't get blown against the bank in a cross wind. It was on the Llangollen
Canal where I saw plastic boats blown up against the bank. The canal is
flat but
not the surroundings

That would be scary on the Pontysilly-illy-iliac aqueduct.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply