Old 14-09-2010, 01:43 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James[_2_] View Post
I've just spread the contents of the compost bin on my vegetable garden
and find that the Typhoo tea bags that were put into the compost haven't
rotted down.
Can anyone recommend a tea bag that will rot down in the compost.
Typhoo tea bags seem to leave a fine plastic net behind them.

Peter

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far

I was in the habit on discarding tea bags into my compost bin, I also found that even after a year they had not broken down. I now dry said tea bags, rip them open and save the leaves in a container. The bags I discard to the rubbish bin, I think that they must be using some form of synthetic mesh.

What worries me is that we don't know what it is made from, what worries me more is that we are drinking tea which may not be safe for human consumption!!!

uriel13