Old 14-09-2010, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oppressive garden

In article , says...
Before you buy an electric one do try a small petrol strimmer, you may find
it no heavier than a heavy duty electric one and it will be much better at
the job. If it's weight on your arms you are concerned about then get a
shoulder strap.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I will second that, most petrol strimmers come with a harness which you
wear and that takes the weight, the machine is supported at its point of
balence and all you have to do is guide it. Modern machines are very easy
to start.

If you really do want a lot of stuff cut down and removed then it may be
worth looking at someone who provides that service who has the big
shredder, it may seem at first to be expensive but that depends on how
much free time you have to do it yourself. My son has a big shredder
which he hires out with himself included and often works with his
customers and I am constantly amazed at how much he can get done in a day
(bit depressing to think I was once that young and keen!)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk