Old 14-09-2010, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , mogga
wrote

Have you written to Typhoo to ask them if they will change the bags?

You would be better off writing to the supermarket asking why their
supplies are not going "green".

--

Both these ideas are good. Typhoo should definitely be asked about why
their tea bag*bags" do not rot down in an ordinary compost heap.

So why not ask them about their sources? I did, and received reassurance
that nothing in his food was sourced from China.
Not so for his treats that were manufactured by Bob Martin. They were
unable to identify where exactly the ingredients came from, and fiddled
around by repeated e-mails that said "we are committed to the health of.."

I take that as a no, then. They have no idea, and all the treats are in the
bin.