Old 14-09-2010, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Alan wrote:

Surely you buy tea based on the quality of the tea and not the bag they
put it in?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...biodegradeable

I think most civilised people drink loose leaf tea in Bodum glass infusers.
Better for the palate and better for the garden.
Sadly it is becoming steadily more difficult to find loose leaf tea
in supermarkets.

You might have to get the stuff by mail order - I'm lucky, I can drop in
on ilkinson's (and another tea/coffee merchant in Norwich) - the only
teabags I have in the house are used ones I've scrounged from fiends and
rellies.

I dry them (to entertain the neighbours?) on my washing line, then, when
I feel like some mustard and cress, us them as mini growbags.

/Owners of bitches, note:/

TAAAW, if you get bald patches in your lawn, sowing them with grass seed
and patching the spots when the grass ha sprouted deprives the sparrows
of the seed.

--
Rusty