Old 14-09-2010, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Isn't it something

What is happening to this country's weather?
We are geting so used to the wet etc that we don't even comment when
we have 1.75 inches of rain followed a few days later by another 0.75
together with winds of of around 35 mph for over 24 hours with gusts
of almost 50 mph.
I am begining to ask myself why I am bothering trying to grow things
outside, with the wife being in hospital for the 5th time in 9 months.
This time she had gone on holiday to Trinidad to join up with her
daughter who lives in Toronto as they have friends there, she was
involved in a car accident on August 18th, she broke her right Fibia,
though they didn't put the leg in plaster so she had a week till she
could get a flight back to the UK.
I picked her up from Gatwick and brought her straight back to our
local hospital here in South Wales, where she has been ever since.
I am seriously asking myself why at my age I am doing all this work
with no help.
David Hill