Old 14-09-2010, 10:37 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rance View Post

When I had 'flu some twenty-four years ago I was unable to drink tea
with milk in it so I took to drinking Darjeeling tea.
This will make Rusty cringe ...

Many years ago, the shop on my way to work stopped selling half pints of milk. So I worked my way ins succession through various solutions:

1) buy a pint every two days and try to keep it fresh without a fridge
2) carry milk in from home - lots of trouble with leaking screwtop bottles
3) moved over to lemons - but fresh lemons were too expensive
4) plastic lemon (don't ask)

Finally, I found I could enjoy lapsang souchong without milk or lemon, so I went over to that.

Now, I can drink any kind of tea without milk, and find it very difficult to drink with milk. But I've gone over to lapsang teabags because leaves aren't sold locally and I don't want a 10 mile trip into town every time I need to stock up on tea.

I don't like the 'little ball on a chain' type infuser - they don't seem to give the leaves enough room - but then I'm talking about lapsang leaves, which are of the dimensions of shredded cabbage. Ordinary tea may be better.