Old 15-09-2010, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sweetheart sweetheart is offline

Default Oppressive garden

In message , kay
writes

Except that "the leaves are umbel" doesn't sound like philadelphus (mock
orange) and while I can understand someone not liking the almost
overpowering scent, I think it would be hard to detect cat's pee
elements in it.

But what does "the leaves are umbel" mean?

Could it be Choisya (Mexican orange blossom)?

I take that you translated it to palmate.

Sorry, I think it might be choisya, the name sounds familiar. I had two of
these. One green and one variagated. The variagated got something that
turned the leaves brown and muchy ( like damping off) and it died. The green
one is as strong as an ox, ecept its leggy ( only has leaves on the outside)
and dead inside ( its about 4ft across - depth). It does flower well though
in spring/summer.