Old 20-04-2003, 06:14 AM
Bigs

Default newbie with plants

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote:

I get your point. What we have to clear up here is that it's not a strip (tube)
light like a fluorescent fixture. The bulb I have is an energy save bulb. It
takes 7 watts of power but emits light like a 30 watt fluorescent light. This is

I'm afraid you are incorrect. Energy savings bulbs *are* fluorescent bulbs
and the comparison wattage they list on the package is for incandescent
bulbs, which is what they are trying to replace.

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?

Just to prove my point. I will take a pic of my setup and you decide what emits
more light. I understand they compare to incandescent lighting, my point is that
my 14 watt emits more light than a 14 watt fluorescent tube. Big time.
I have a 3' 25 watt in my office and it doesn't emit as much light as my 14 watt.