Old 15-09-2010, 11:50 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"sweetheart" wrote[color=blue][i]
I also have a ceanothus ( sp)? Can I cut this back and will it start
again. It seems half dead, probably from the icy winter we had.
Probably not. Ceanothus is something, a bit like leylandii, that often doesn't regrow if you cut it back beyond where it has leaves. Once a ceanothus is a mess, it is hard to get back to being something nice again. Fortunately, they are often fairly easy to dig out if you need to replace it.