Old 15-09-2010, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Borlottie beans

In article ,
says...
But I agree with you about the fun element. It's great in spring to see a
row of seedlings appearing, and of course there's nothing like the smug
feeling you get from knowing you grew what's on your plate. I like to sit
down to a meal and say "grew that, grew that, grew that".

I could smug for England.

We usually have our roast dinner on Saturday nights and its great to
think that all the meal is local. Lamb from the farm up the road, all
the veg from the garden, pud is usually fruit from the garden or
hedgerows.

Only things we cant source locally are gravy granules, salt and coffee!
Milk is supposedly Welsh, but there are no dairy farms around here so it
is probably from West Wales!

Smug from Wales